[Textbook-l] Simple English Wikibooks Deletion

Aaron Adrignola aaron.adrignola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:07:03 UTC 2010

Was anyone aware, when deciding that Simple English Wikibooks would be
closed, that it would outright be deleted?  See
http://simple.wikibooks.orgto see what I mean.

This prevents any import of the content to English Wikibooks at all,
regardless of how it would be done.  I know the bug filed to close the wiki
only asked for closure and not deletion.

I am disappointed by this move.  I had heard that it wouldn't reopen due to
policies but I would have made an effort to import what content there was to
at least our transwiki namespace had I known it would be deleted entirely.

(Aaron) Adrignola
English Wikibooks