[Textbook-l] Multilingual Wikibooks

darklama darklama at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:11:06 UTC 2007

Yesterday, I started a proposal to create a new Wikibooks project to
help provide a place for people to work on multilingual textbooks,
textbooks undergoing translations, and to write books in languages which
do not yet have a project (maybe because there too small or not enough
interest has been generated yet). I also hope this project if started
can be a place where people from all Wikibooks projects can communicate
with each other and work together.

Whether it gets started depends on people's interested in contributing
to such a project. If your interested in contributing to such a project
or even if you think this is a bad idea, please contribute to the
current discussion going on at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikibooks_Multilingual

and explain your reasons for being in favor or against this project. You
can also begin to contribute to the test project for it at
http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wb/mul by beginning any translations
you'd like to do, multilingual books you'd like to begin or creating
books in languages that don't have a project yet.

-- darklama @enwikibooks