[Textbook-l] RE: Textbook.wikipedia.org and authorship paradigm

Karl Wick karlwick at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 20:47:49 UTC 2003

Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz wrote:
>I don't know if people like Karl Wick would be pleased
>with a crowd of random editors to the text he has already
>written.

I have no problem with this, in fact it should take some of
the work off my shoulders. However I imagine that there are
others who would prefer autonomy and would be dissuaded
from contributing to a wiki even if they wanted to release
their work into the public domain .. there is no shortage
of hubis in academia.

>There are textbooks that were released into open source by
>their authors/publishers

If you know where I could get my hands on some of these
textbooks please tell me. That would be a great starting
point for further work.

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>It may be hard to make good university-level textbooks the
>wiki way,

I'd like to prove the contrary.