[teampractices] Juicero as a case study supporting Agile methods

Dan Garry dgarry at wikimedia.org
Tue May 30 09:23:15 UTC 2017

On 29 May 2017 at 23:17, Kevin Smith <ksmith at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Just this past weekend, I spoke with a Juicero owner (or more accurately,
> the spouse of a Juicero owner). She was laughing (ironically) about how it
> refused to make juice unless it was connected to the internet[2].
> <snip>
> [2] I don't know if that's true or not, but it's what she claimed

There are reports that this is true. The bags have a QR code on them, and
the machine checks things like the expiry dates and checks for product
recalls. That, the company claims, is why it's essential for the machine to
have an internet connection to do anything.

Ref: https://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/4/21/15376038/juicero-explained

Dan

--
Dan Garry