[teampractices] Saw a presentation by Allen Holub

Max Binder mbinder at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 21 23:29:09 UTC 2016

Kevin:

You summed up a lot of what I felt but couldn't express because I didn't
know where to start. :)

Thanks for the essays. It's ironic that these two leaders in the Agile
space also represent different ends of the spectrum of what happens when
you over-engineer process and lose sight of the people involved, and the
nuance generally helpful when supporting those people.

Joel:

It sounds like he's opposed to a particular kind of estimation, in favor of
> another kind of estimation, and perhaps using a bit of hyperbole as a
> marketing tool.

Yes. He was also selling his book last night, so marketing hyperbole sounds
about right. It mostly came off as bullying to me. :-/