[teampractices] FYI: Phabricator workaround for manually selecting tasks to bulk-edit

Max Binder mbinder at wikimedia.org
Sat Oct 8 01:11:42 UTC 2016

As far as I know, you could always Batch Edit from the Maniphest query page.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/advanced/

Then just search for what you want. In your example for a workboard, you
would search for the workboard's title  (rather than hacking the URL). So,
if I want to Batch Edit tasks on the Team-Practices board, I'd do a
Maniphest query for Tags = Team-Practices, then Batch Edit the results, as
selected.

The real gem that you surfaced is selective Batch Editing tasks in a
column, since you can't do a Maniphest query for columns, and even when you
Batch Edit a column via the column dropdown, you can't deselect tasks.
Super useful.

Of course, if you're a not a member of Triagers
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/13/>, you can't Batch Edit,
anyway. :)

Potential use cases: bulk editing in triage, bulk estimation,
> recategorizing lots of tasks at once, etc.

Batch editing hasn't really been updated as new Phab features have been
introduced, so newer things like Story Points (estimation) are not an
option.