[teampractices] Who doesn't love calendars?

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 7 20:25:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Quim, I read the description of the task you shared but I'm afraid I still
> don't understand what you mean by 'problem of calendars in Wikimedia' - can
> you please share more about what the problem is that you see and are trying
> to resolve?

We have too many calendars in different supports that don't integrate with
each other. Frequently events are expected to be introduced in several
calendars, often they are not introduced in any. WMF employees frequently
pay attention only to what shows up in their Google Calendar.

Nick shows a glimpse of the problem at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T1035#19336

Now imagine that we could submit Wikimedia events in Phabricator's
calendar, following one process, and then users would have ways to query
that calendar and integrate the data in their calendar services /
applications.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil