[teampractices] [TOOL REQUEST] A way to "raise your hand" as a remotee

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Sun Sep 20 20:13:08 UTC 2015

Le 17/09/2015 00:52, Max Binder a écrit :
> /TL;DR: Looking for a browser-based tool, in the vein of hatjitsu
> <http://hatjitsu.wmflabs.org/>, that queues people for a facilitator
> running a meeting./

<snip>

> I presented the issue to OIT, who suggested the method used in Monthly
> Metrics, of etherpad+IRC(+James Forrester). While good for Q&A, I don't
> think it works as well for a group of people in a smaller meeting who
> are trying to toss the ball back and forth. It also requires people to
> manually withdraw their comments or questions if they have been
> addressed (or fall to the facilitator to determine if a comment or
> question is already addressed). A bit like Phabricator, it works, but it
> doesn't...flow.

Hello,

The way the WMF engineering team solved it is that all members are
attending the meeting remotely. Despite 3 out of 7 members are based in
SF, albeit frequently working remotely.  That might sound a bit extreme
though.

For mixed audiences, I have seen meetings having a presenter and someone
helping interact with online peoples.  I.e it would literally raises its
hand instead of remote folks.

<remote1>  O/
<helper> remote1: ack

* helper physically raises its hand for remote1 *

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso