[teampractices] Make a tag for quarterly goals?

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 1 19:01:23 UTC 2015

So...

On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 09:49 -0700, Dan Garry wrote:
> I'm creating epics to track the Discovery Department Q1 2015-16
> goals, and thought it might be useful to track organisation-wide
> progress towards achieving their quarterly goals by having such epics
> have tagging them as Q1 2015-16 goals.

The existing "Roadmap" tag uses month names as workboard columns. Is
there a reason to not apply the "Roadmap" tag to Quarterly Goal tasks
and move the task to the corresponding month on the Roadmap workboard?

(On a **team-only level** I currently see two approaches in practice:
Sprint projects (e.g. [1]) and blocker/tracking tasks (e.g. [2]).)

Cheers,
andre

(1) RelEng: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/1319/
(2) ECT: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101100 and "Blocked by"