[teampractices] "Maintenance" vs "New work"

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 5 20:10:03 UTC 2015

Distinguishing between "maintenance" and "new" work seems very gray to me.
Roughly as gray as "bug" vs. "improvement".

I guess a working definition for us right now might be: Either it's part of
a project in the MPL, or it is "maintenance", or there's a reasonable
chance you shouldn't be doing it.

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach
Wikimedia Foundation

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Help us make it a reality.*