[teampractices] [TPG/URGENT-ISH] Thoughts on Gerrit Cleanup Day

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 4 23:58:46 UTC 2015

Generally looks good to me.

Couple of questions - are there plans to document/track 'unmaintained'
repositories? Further, are there additional metrics that can come out of
the GCD that we don't get out of Korma that would be useful information to
have (eg patches to non-WMF maintained repos vs patches to WMF maintained
repos)?

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Quim Gil <qgil at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:21 PM, David Strine <dstrine at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> How do we come to consensus on the proposed date?
>>

> There is no day of the week where Asia, Europe, and America can work 8
> hours together comfortably, so we need to think on an activity that makes
> sense for a "Day" considering multiple timezones.
>
> I think Release Management and Engineering managers will prefer to stop
> regular activities to focus on code review more on a Friday than any other
> day, with release trains and the big bunch of regular team meetings
> populating schedules. This is why I support a Friday, but will support
> whatever alternative day of the week makes happy to Engineering teams.
>
> Again, it is an experiment, so we can pick a day and then analyze. We
> won't find the day that works well for everybody.  :)
>
> --
> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil