[teampractices] Trellos & Minglers, what is blocking your migration to Phabricator?

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 13 15:22:39 UTC 2014

I forgot the importance of the feature Jared describes until I started
using Phabricator regularly. The auto updating of Trello is invaluable when
you are collaboratively planning/managing/defining work with your team -
especially if the team is at all distributed. Like during standup or
backlog grooming when multiple people are looking at the board from
different devices, it can be really difficult for everyone to keep up and
it becomes disruptive when people need to repeatedly ask 'oh should I
refresh again?'

The lack of this feature in Phabricator may seem like just a minor
inconvenience to some. But I believe it's been an integral part of teams
feeling like they can move fast with minimal friction in the planning
process. From talking with others, the mobile folks in particular, not
having this feature in Phabricator could be enough to prevent their
willingness to migrate.

Preliminary results from the Q1 health check survey show that every team
surveyed wishes they can go faster. Our tools play a big part in either
contributing to or reducing the amount of friction a team feels. While it
may be too ambitious for 'Day 1', we should give these kinds of features
for Phabricator a high priority if we rally hope to see every team relying
on the tool for project management.