[teampractices] Discussing Phabricator in Phabricator

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 29 01:18:46 UTC 2014

Here is a proposal:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Requests_for_comment/Project_management_tools_review#A_Phabricator_project_to_plan_the_potential_migration_to_Phabricator

Let´s discuss the PM tools RfC in the RfC, but let's start documenting all
the questions and potential plans specific to the migration to Phabricator
in Phabricator.

Benefits:

* all the Phabricator-specific information in one place, testing the
Phabricator paradigm

* testing Phabricator in a real project (probably without code repository,
but still)

* helping to fine tune our Labs instance to our preferences, surely
generating more feedback upstream

* if we decide to migrate, we will have a better starting point for the
plan than wiki pages, etc

* if we need attention or help from the Phabricator community, we will be
able to direct them to their natural environment, where they can easily
register, watch, post... Now compare this with sending them to MediaWiki
discussion pages.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil