[teampractices] Phabricator's Kanban tool

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 27 03:55:19 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 11:40 PM, S Page wrote:
>   * This edit window has an Upload file icon, tells you to drag and drop
>     images... doesn't work in Firefox.

Does for me.  You're supposed to drag from your local file browser (E.g.
Konqueror on Linux, presumably Finder on OS X and Explorer on Windows,
only first tested).

> It also has a weird "Meme" button.

I think the Meme icon is probably part of their joke mode (the same
reason it says "Get Well Soon, Phabricator" in the email verification).
  There is a "serious business" mode that turns this stuff off
(http://slidedeck.io/synaway/intro-to-phabricator), which we'll probably
want to turn on in our instance.

>   * On Phabricator's site, you can see a task
>     <https://secure.phabricator.com/T4309> to which someone added
>     Design, and then the task appears in a Design project view
>     <https://secure.phabricator.com/project/view/483/>. Hmm

Note that you can include various things with syntax like this:

{M1} - Includes a Pholio mock
{F65} - Includes an image mock

The drag and drop transparently handles the second one (but I'm pretty
sure I can reuse a file later by putting the same number) with having to
type numbers.

These also work for shortlinks:

http://fab.wmflabs.org/M1
http://fab.wmflabs.org/F65

The difference between a mock and an image/file seems to be that mocks
can be edited (there is a permission model for this, and it seems to
default to only the creator).  This difference makes sense to me.

Matt Flaschen