[teampractices] Project management tools review: Regressions/tradeoffs; migration

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 26 22:42:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 15:31 -0700, Quim Gil wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 25, 2014, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > User/reporter experience is to further discuss if we continue to want
> > users to be able to report issues directly into the tool.
> > If we don't want, we'd need to discuss with CLs how to support other
> > feedback channels properly for the community.
> >

> Is there a reason to change the current workflow in Bugzilla, where any
> registered user can create new reports (now tasks) and also comment on
> existing reports/tasks?

Personally I don't see a reason.
I brought this up merely to illustrate that we also need to consider the
needs of personas other than developers/maintainers/managers in a new
tool if we want to keep these personas around.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/