[teampractices] Bugzilla migration Re: Project management tools review: Regressions/tradeoffs; migration

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 26 22:34:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Steven Walling, 26/03/2014 21:38:
>>
>>> as a group we import tickets from Bugzilla they actually think are
>>> relevant.
>>

>> No.
>

> Nemo, it is not particularly constructive to reply this way. Since we want
> to work as a group on this mailing list to discover best practices for
> teams, it is essential we all explain our thinking about why something is a
> good idea or not, in a cordial and respectful way.

Although I completely understand the desire to dust off the cobwebs by
doing something like this, I think Nemo has probably summed up the
reaction of most of the community pretty well. This would likely be
seen as "The Foundation" trying to marginalize issues that have been
raised by the community.

A giant bug triage and resolve party does sound generally useful
however. It sounds exhausting as well. :)

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA