[teampractices] Things that would make Trello even better

Jon Robson jrobson at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 18 00:03:05 UTC 2014

When comparing to Mingle, there are a few things that don't work quite
as well - but in my opinion Trello is a much better tool than Mingle.
After speaking to Tomasz he asked me to summarise the main problems I
see with Trello. Here are my opinions but I would be interested in
another people's!

1) Ability to keep a sense of priority order across columns. It's
annoying when everything is in an order in a column and you drag
across and screw up that order
2) When you archive a board, you can't see it (unless your an admin?).
Seeing old boards is useful for historic purposes.
3) Cards don't have id's. These are useful when linking up patches to
associated commits. E.g. Story 4: Implement X
4) Ability to size cards. It would be useful to get a sense for which
cards are more work than others.

On a side note,  I notice in Trello Gold there is a card aging
feature. This might be useful to explore to bring attention to cards
that hang around a long time. HAs anyone got experience of this?