[teampractices] The "Epic" tag

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 19 19:14:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Chad recently created the "Epic" Phab tag
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/epic/> for our use in the
> MediaWiki Core team (for this epic
> <http://scrummethodology.com/scrum-epics/>, not this epic
> <http://imgur.com/gallery/Yr0tw>).  Basically, we want to use Phabricator
> to track project ideas big enough to merit discussion during our quarterly
> planning.

\o/ I didn't want "The Battle of the Five Armies" to be #OneLastTime for
epics.

I noticed Kevinator and Grace Gellerman using the word on the
analytics-Wikimetrics
board <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/631/>, I think it
makes sense to have a tag but I'm not sure if it'll let us drop the word
from task titles, since in workboards you don't see tags, or their icons,
or their colors :(

Does the tag needs a more distinctive color (bikeshed time!) and icon (e.g.
the Goal flag)?

Any Epic is going to have a lot of subtasks, but not all tracking tasks are
Epics.

--
=S Page  Collaboration team engineer