[teampractices] Guideline for tasks assigned

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 15 08:24:48 UTC 2014

Can we agree on this basic guideline, at least at a WMF Engineering &
Product level?

"You should have a task assigned to yourself only when you are prepared to
work on it."

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_management#Assigning_tasks

In times of goals, sprints, and health check surveys... keeping a sane list
of open assigned tasks should be an important matter. The contrary doesn't
help to anybody, even less to yourself. Starting point:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/assigned/

Interesting data and links below.