[teampractices] Triaging bugs and managing task backlog in Phabricator

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 10 01:01:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Jared Zimmerman <
jared.zimmerman at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Arthur, at Autodesk we use "for Review" and "Waiting Approval" (depending
> on team) for this state, and "Done" was used only when something was
> integrated into production.

This makes sense. At the end of the day, it's up to individual teams to
figure out what 'done' means for them, and whether or not it makes sense
for 'done' to be category on their workboard. The bigger points I was
trying to make with my previous email are that the swim lanes/categories on
one team's workboard may be entirely different from another team's, and
that 'done' means different things for different teams. To wit, teams
should have swim lanes/categories on their workboard that make sense for
their workflow, and teams should have a shared definition/understanding of
what 'done' means to them.

--
Arthur Richards
Team Practices Manager