[teampractices] Triaging bugs and managing task backlog in Phabricator

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 3 01:18:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Anne Gomez <agomez at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I'm just starting to look at moving fr-tech to phabricator and have been
> wondering these questions to myself (along with the other thread about
> teams). I'm wondering if it might make sense to have a project for bug
> tracking that is public/open and a project for just the internal team to
> work on that would include the sprint board and not allow editing by others.

I'd personally like to see everyone default to open rather than closed
groups. If there is significant spam or griefing then closed groups
might be the only recourse, but assume good faith and embrace the
openness that we are allowed in our organizational structure.

> I worry that using 1 board for all bug tracking and sprints will end up
> being way too complicated.

I think it's completely reasonable that anyone doing scrum or another
management system with well organized sprints can choose to use a new
board (project as project == board in phab) for tracking each sprint.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA