[teampractices] [Wikitech-l] RfC on Product Management Tools and Development Toolchain

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 17 09:36:09 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 12:19 -0400, Dan Andreescu wrote:
> It's my understanding that the current Phabricator instance is temporary.
>  Indeed, it includes mostly jokes and throw-away testing tasks, comments,
> boards, etc.  Could we stand up an instance to which we would potentially
> migrate to?  We would have to reserve task ids 1-100000 to allow us to port
> from Bugzilla, but do we have any other blockers?

We'd preferably reserve some numbers in Phabricator for Bugzilla and RT
tickets in order to redirect; and maybe other tools.

I don't see us setting up a production instance yet and filing it up
with real data, as long as we don't know how we'll actually migrate the
real data.

I won't stop you from setting up a project in the testing Labs instance
(looks like you've done that already) or setting up a separate
Phabricator Labs instance though.  :)

andre

--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler