[teampractices] RfC on Product Management Tools and Development Toolchain

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 15 00:02:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

as previously announced [1], we've been facilitating a collective review
of Wikimedia's current product management tools and development
toolchain.

The most popular idea at the moment is to consolidate Wikimedia's
product management and infrastructure tools (such as Bugzilla, Gerrit,
RT, Mingle, Trello) into all-in-one Phabricator. We have therefore put
together a Request for comment to bring this up for wider discussion.

This discussion affects anyone who deals with bug reports, feature
requests and code changes in Wikimedia, so it's critical that you test
Phabricator for your own use and make your voice heard in the RFC:

  https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Phabricator

We're compiling a list of Frequently asked questions at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Phabricator/FAQ ;
You're welcome to add more and help answer them :)

We'll host a few IRC discussions while the RFC is running to help answer
questions, etc. Our tentative times and dates are at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Requests_for_comment/Phabricator#IRC_discussions

Thank you for your input!

Guillaume and Andre

[1] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2014-March/074896.html