[teampractices] Sharing showcases

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 24 01:10:37 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

a reminder: it'd be really great to record, show and share sprint
showcase meeting videos -- Google Hangouts should make this very easy,
and it's nice to have a full record of these. I'd like to get to a
place where we establish this as a consistent practice across the org,
at least for teams that do showcases :)

Analytics did this once:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/analytics/2013-September/001009.html

Language Engineering used to do it when they were still using WebEx, e.g.:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Localisation_team_showcase_slides

Even if you don't feel like you have internal stakeholders that
benefit from this, having a public record creates another window for
the community at large into what your team's doing, and enables folks
like Tilman & Guillaume to use these resources in the context of other
reports.

Are there practical obstacles to doing this?

Cheers,

Erik

--
Erik Möller