[teampractices] Addition to Scrum of Scrums?

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 5 21:08:16 UTC 2013

On 12/03/2013 03:10 PM, Steven Walling wrote:
> Within that context, I still wonder if it might make sense for someone
> to represent strategically relevant projects being worked on in the
> community.

I think that makes sense.  For individual patch sets, the best solution
is to bug someone who is appropriate to review it.

But for broader lines of work, it could be appropriate to use SoS when a
whole area of development is delayed.  E.g. maybe one of Tyler Romeo's
authentication projects (which tend to chain, rather than being an
isolated patch set).

In such cases, it might make sense to allow community developers to
request a SoS spot for a particular week to explain what they're trying
to do overall and the blockers.

Matt Flaschen