[RCom-l] New research project: Anonymity and conformity over the net

Dario Taraborelli dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 28 01:11:51 UTC 2011

> Also, I've added myself as the "WMF Contact", but I'm not officially WMF anymore.  I wonder if we might change that field to RCom Contact or add a new field.

I think it's ok to refer to RCom members as WMF contacts for the purpose of reviewing research proposals. I actually advised Goran that whenever one of us takes the lead on handling the review of a proposal or becomes the main contact point for the researcher, then the WMF contact field on the project page *should* be updated to reflect this.

The wording is unfortunate (it used to be "WMF supervisor or sponsor"!) and it predated the RCom, but I wouldn't change it in the templates unless there's a major need to.

Dario