[RCom-l] New project on wiki anxiety

Fuster, Mayo Mayo.Fuster at EUI.eu
Fri Sep 2 18:57:49 UTC 2011

E-mail: mayo.fuster at eui.eu

Somerville, MA, USA
02144
From: rcom-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org [rcom-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Dario Taraborelli [dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org]
Sent: 30 August 2011 20:47
To: The Wikimedia Foundation Research Committee mailing list
Cc: wsor at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [RCom-l] New project on wiki anxiety

A new project has been added to the Research directory:  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Investigating_editing_anxiety_in_new_users

The PI – Benjamin Cowan – is an HCI researcher based in Edinburgh and I had a few conversations with him on this project over the last weeks.
This research sounds very timely and relevant to WMF's work on new user engagement (I am cc'ing the Summer of Research list), but we need to figure out how to best handle the recruitment of participants.
One option we discussed would be to (temporarily) integrate a questionnaire into the new MoodBar feature [1], but I need to discuss this internally with the tech people.

In the meantime your feedback is very welcome. I told Ben we need more information, for example on the target sample size. He'll be adding more details in the coming days.

Dario

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MoodBar