[QA] Fwd: Fix or delete failing browser tests Jenkins jobs

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 1 08:12:19 UTC 2015

I have sent this to engineering mailing list, but now it came to my mind
that some people might be following this list, but not engineering.

--

Hi,

I have noticed that we have a lot of Jenkins jobs running browser tests[0].
That is nice. But, I have also noticed that some of the jobs are failing
(red) for the last 30 days or so[1].

In order to have more time to focus on keeping the passing jobs passing
(green), I would like to delete the jobs that are red. I see no value in
jobs that are constantly failing. It is all noise, no signal.

I will start deleting the jobs in a week or so. If there is a reason you
would like to keep a red job running, please take a look at the task in
phabricator and comment at the appropriate (sub)task.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you need help fixing the jobs,
please do let me know here or in phabricator.

Željko
--
0: https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/view/-All/
1: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94150