[QA] No one cares about browser tests [Re: [WikimediaMobile] MobileFrontend QA job]

Jon Robson jdlrobson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:30:52 UTC 2015

It really saddens me how very few engineers seem to care about browser
tests. Our browser tests are failing all over the place. I just saw this
bug [1] which has been sitting around for ages and denying us green tests
in Echo one of our most important features.

How can we change this anti-pattern?

Dan Duval, would it make sense to do a survey as you did with Vagrant to
understand how our developers think of these? Such as who owns them... who
is responsible for a test failing... who writes them... who doesn't
understand them.. why they don't understand them etc...?

--
Jon Robson
* http://jonrobson.me.uk