[QA] Current status of Selenium and Chrome

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 10 19:46:23 UTC 2015

Hi QAers,

I just wanted to let you know that in case you are experiencing unexpected
failures in browser tests for Chrome, there seems to be Selenium bug in
SauceLabs affecting how Selenium invokes WMF-style overlays. Affected repos
are MobileFrontend, Echo, VisualEditor, and possibly others.

I expect these false failures to go away as soon as Chrome version 41 is
supported at SauceLabs, which should be very soon.

If you need to make a Chrome build green, you can work around the issue by
manually setting the version for Chrome to 35 in your particular Jenkins
build. I have tested this for VisualEditor.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

-Chris