[QA] Gerrit cleanup day - QA ramifications

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 19 23:52:18 UTC 2015

Hello all,

This is a heads up and discussion starter about the upcoming "Gerrit
Cleanup Day" (see: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88531).

tl;dr: On Wed Sept. 23rd there will be a concerted effort to reduce the
backlog of open patchsets in Gerrit (by reviewing and/or merging them,
as appropriate). What does this mean for us, those who care about
quality and site stability?

What can we do as a group to ensure that all of the code that does get
merged during this day doesn't significantly reduce the quality of our
codebase? A site outage the following week would be A Bad Thing(TM).

Two basic response:
1) do nothing out of the ordinary (iow: trust our current processes)
2) do something different

Thoughts?  (I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear other people's
opinions first)

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |