[QA] RubyMine:: Gem manager error

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:19:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I keep getting this message whenever I open my RubyMine IDE .
"RubyMine Gem Manager
           RubyMine has detected that
           some of the gems required for 'browsertests'
           are not installed"

I have the following settings on my system

C:\Ruby1.9.3
 and also C:\Ruby193\DevKit installed version 4.5.2

I executed the below:
ruby dk.rb init
ruby dk.rb review
ruby dk.rb install

and tested the ruby env correctly uses DevKit by running
 gem install --platform=ruby

Then I also did bundle install from within tests\browser repo which ran
fine.

But still I keep getting this error message in RubyMine.

When I try to install them from within IDE :it shows me a prompt

Following gems were not installed "medawiki_selenium(0.2.12):Error
installing mediawiki_selenium..

The 'json' native gem requires installed build tools.

 Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit

 from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions
 at 'http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit'.

Native compilation failed.

My PATH variable has C:\Ruby193\bin\ruby.exe defined in it.

I would look forward to any help related to this error.

Thanks,
Jagori