[QA] Pair programming[Monday (23rd June 2014)] with Zeljkof

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 30 07:39:27 UTC 2014

On Jun 29, 2014 3:10 PM, "Vikas Yaligar" <vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com> wrote:

> * One thing which I learn't was to keep master branch clean always.

Yes. Never make changes to master, make a branch for everything you do.

FWIW here's my workflow:

I constantly:

git checkout master
git pull --ff-only # my master should be always clean, this will warn me

When making any edit, I create a new branch:

git checkout -b *branchname* -t origin/master

Regularly do `git rebase master` of patches I'm working on.

Regularly do `git branch -d *branchname*` to clean out old branches; as it
says do -D if it wasn't merged in that state.

Configure your shell prompt to show your current git branch and its status.

Hope this helps.

--
=S Page  Features engineer