[QA] Where to run browser tests for multiple languages for Screenshots?

Vikas Yaligar vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 21:42:02 UTC 2014

Hi ,

I spoke to Antonie last week and came to know that he had created a new
wiki in localhost, and run browser tests on it. He had done it for
CirrusSearch[1](I know it is failing, but I think I can fix it). I looked
into the job (2-3). I think we can do similar thing, only thing we need to
change would be LocalSettings.php for a new language, which can be done by
removing it and generating it from maintenance/install.php.

As I am changing environment variable LANGUAGE_SCREENSHOT_CODE, I can
create the LocalSettings.php with respect to new language and then run
browser tests. Let me know what you think about it.

I tried implementing it in my cloudbees, but I am not sure if I can run
services in jenkins of cloudbees. But I think it would be easy to do it in
Wikimedia CI[4], as most of it is already implemented. But I cannot see
option to create new job, as I can see in cloudbees. Am I missing anything?

-
[1]:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/mwext-browsertests-CirrusSearch-phantomjs/
[2]:
https://github.com/wikimedia/integration-jenkins-job-builder-config/blob/master/mediawiki-extensions.yaml#L56
[3]:
https://github.com/wikimedia/integration-jenkins-job-builder-config/blob/master/macro.yaml#L107
[4]: https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/

Regards

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Željko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Vikas Yaligar <vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> * Creating new beta labs for different languages.
>>

> This sounds like a good solution to me.
>

>> * Running it in real Wikipedias.
>>

> This is also an option, but I would like to avoid running scripts on
> production site, is possible.
>

>>  * [Needs confirmation]Hashar had found a way where wikis are created in
>> necessary language and with necessary extensions for a scenario or
>> particular type of browser tests.
>>

> Are you saying Antoine said a wiki can be configured for a language on the
> fly?
>
> Željko

Vikas S Yaligar
(9481543789)