[QA] Reg::Pair programming Friday for fun and profit‏

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 12:16:42 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I had 2 pairing sessions with Zeljko this week (Thursday and on Friday).
I had few doubts in page objects especially the page_url and also some
concepts in step definitions.
I learnt that in step definitions we can call steps defined elsewhere by
writing like:
        * step "I click Save page"* which is basically a call to a step "I
click Save page" defined elsewhere.
I also learnt that we can use instance variables within a step definition
file if we wish to retain the value across steps.
I also learnt the difference between Gemfile and Gemfile.lock
Gemfile makes it easy for us to replicate the development environment
across machines.Through Gemfile we are letting the bundler know that we
need explicitly certain gems and the bundler downloads them automatically
for us. Gemfile.lock gets created automatically.
I also learnt more about *git rebase* and *git merge* commands.I learnt
that it's better to use rebase when pulling changes from origin to local
branch than the merge as it leaves a much cleaner history.

Thanks Zeljko for the sessions.
Hope this covers everything.

Kind regards,
Jagori