[QA] How to zoom into the browser and take screenshots

Vikas Yaligar vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:52:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

As a part of my GSOC project[1], I was able to get some screenshots[2] for
Visual editor User Guide[3]. Let me know what you think about them.

Also I asked Maggie, Guillaume and James for their opinion on the
screenshots and they suggested to increase the browser zoom to generate
screenshot at higher resolution[3]. I tried zooming in browser and took
some screenshots. I found out that, there was not much change, as browser
screenshot took the screenshot of the whole page(rather than the part of
page which one can see), irrespective of zoom level.

Let me know how is it possible to achieve zoomed screenshot.

-
[1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Automatic_cross-language_screenshots

[2]:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AListFiles&limit=50&user=LanguageScreenshotBot&uselang=en