[QA] migrating MobileFrontend browser tests to WMF Jenkins

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 6 20:58:24 UTC 2014

Hello MobileFrontenders,

Just a quick note to say that now that Zeljko is back from parental leave,
we are proceeding to dismantle the Cloudbees Jenkins jobs that run browser
tests (including for MobileFrontend)[1] in favor of jobs on WMF Jenkins. [2]

The tests for MF on beta labs running in headless Firefox under xvfb are
reliably green as of today[3] and we'll be working to keep them that way.

In the near future you can expect to see WMF Jenkins jobs with MF tests
running in Chrome and also MF tests running on our dedicated WMF SauceLabs
account (with which we have 10 simultaneous test VMs, 5X as much as we had
on Cloudbees).

-Chris

PS While we do not have screencasts yet for failed builds, we are taking
instant screen captures for failed headless tests at the point of failure.
 To see such a capture:  from a failed build such as
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/job/browsertests-MobileFrontend-en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org-linux-firefox/76/,
click "Build Artifacts/View"; "Log"; junit/my_failed_test.png

[1] https://wmf.ci.cloudbees.com/view/mf/
[2] https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/
[3]