[QA] When are we moving away from Jenkins?

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 5 19:39:43 UTC 2014

Today Ċ½eljko and I have some builds working in WMF Jenkins, for
MobileFrontend and for VisualEditor on headless Firefox. The MF build is
working fine except for one mysterious failure:
 pageactions_protected.feature:9 doesn't see a toast div and it should.
 Note that the step "Then I see a toast notification" is shared among
several tests, but only fails in this one context.  I don't repro the
problem locally.

Any suggestions as to why this one step might fail for Firefox on Linux
would be welcome, since we can't see the browser at this point (yet).
Example:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/job/browsertests-MobileFrontend-en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org-linux-firefox/70/testReport/

Tomorrow we plan to hook up at least one build to our fancy new SauceLabs
account that has 10 simultaneous VMs.

Be patient with Cloudbees just a bit longer.
-Chris