[QA] welcome Dan Duvall!

Daniel Duvall dduvall at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 2 23:26:08 UTC 2014

Thanks for the introduction, Chris! I'm glad to be here.

It will no doubt take some time to familiarize myself with enough
institutional knowledge to be a truly productive WMF engineer, but please
don't hesitate to seek my help in all the areas Chris mentioned. I prefer
to just dive in where I can—as I'm doing with our Vagrant repo at the
moment—and the more early involvement I can have with those of you writing
tests, using QA services, or automating systems, the better.

On the Ruby front, I hope to start codifying some of my knowledge of
idiomatic Ruby into a style guide for the developer hub
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Coding_conventions> soon, and will
be definitely be soliciting feedback/edits. In the meantime, if you have
Ruby questions, just ask!

Cheers,
Dan