[QA] best practices for running browser tests locally

Nikolas Everett neverett at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 27 16:05:22 UTC 2014

I keep a script in my home directory that I source before I run tests.  It
contains:
export MEDIAWIKI_USER=Selenium_user
export MEDIAWIKI_PASSWORD=not_for_mailing_list
export MEDIAWIKI_URL=http://solr-mw3.instance-proxy.wmflabs.org/wiki/
export REUSE_BROWSER=true

If I want to do something other than the default I source the script and
then manually modify the variables.  I suppose the only real difference is
that I keep it in my home directory so I'm not likely to commit it
accidentally.

Nik