[QA] Figuring out git configuration for proxy

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Jan 17 10:33:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

The Jenkins jobs are running on two hosts gallium and lanthanum. The
later does not have direct access to internet which mean jobs running on
it will fail whenever they attempt to access internet.

Today Raymond mentioned to me that the translatewiki-puppet-validate was
failing.  The issue is that it attempts to clone repositories from
github such as:

 https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apt.git
 git://github.com/tPl0ch/puppet-composer.git

Has anyone noticed such issues on other jobs?

The bug report is: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/60164

Git does have configuration to finely tweak proxy being used:

 [http]
    proxy=
 [http "https://github.com/"]
    proxy=webproxy.eqiad.wmnet

I am not sure how to test the configuration though. Probably want to
maintain a whitelist. I have no idea how to setup a git proxy though so
git:// URL would still be broken :/

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso