[QA] PageObjects in mobile browser tests

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 15 13:46:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Juliusz Gonera <jgonera at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> In my opinion we should only have PageObjects for pages that actually exist

I am fine with that, as long as the files do not become extremely big.

> There are a bunch of PageObjects that don't actually represent pages, but
> kind of mirror features:

I actually prefer to have a lot of small classes instead of just a few big
ones. If you prefer a few bigger classes, go ahead.

> I think all the elements from those page objects belong to the
> ArticlePage. Furthermore, to avoid repeating things that are shared
> everywhere (e.g. notifications icon), we could have a BasePage from which
> all the other page objects could inherit. What do you think?

We already have some shared code in URL module[1]. I agree that moving
shared code to a module makes sense.

Željko
--
1: