[QA] growing pains: login test failures from /qa/browsertests

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 24 15:33:28 UTC 2014

As we've expanded the browser test coverage and moved browser tests to the
repositories of the extensions being tested, we have also made a concerted
effort to move code shared among all the tests to a Ruby gem named
"mediawiki_selenium".

One of the bits of shared code in the mediawiki_selenium gem is the steps
to log in to the test environments.

Last week I updated our shared login code to check that the login actually
succeeds before the test proceeds further.  Unfortunately, one of our very
oldest tests still in the /qa/browsertests repository checks login error
messages without actually logging in.

That test will be failing for a while until Zeljko and I get the
mediawiki_selenium gem updated to handle this old test properly.  Sorry for
the noise.

-Chris