[QA] Introductions

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Oct 31 10:41:38 UTC 2013

Welcome!

Le 28/10/13 15:23, Anjana Ranganathan a écrit :
> I am Anjana Ranganathan. I live in a small town near boston, MA (EST).
> Best way to contact me is via email, I use nick anjana on freenode. I am
> ranganu on mediawiki.

A bunch of us are hanging out in #wikimedia-qa channel on freenode, feel
free to join listen to our bot spam and occasional discussions.

> I am a software programmer (mainly c, embedded and linux background) who
> wants to transition to QA. I am trying to learn as much as possible from
> other sources. Hoping to learn from all of you and to contribute to WMF
> as much as possible.

I am not a C person but I know at least one project we use that uses C:
our DNS server. We are using gdsnd by Brandon Black (who has been hired
by Wikimedia, SF based iirc).  It has some tests, you might be
interested in figuring out how a DNS server works and write a bunch of
tests for it:

  https://github.com/blblack/gdnsd

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso