[QA] Jenkins on steroid (kind of)

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Oct 31 10:34:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

After a few months, the Jenkins setup at Wikimedia is finally using a
second slave to assist in running jobs.  It should give us some more
horsepower and open the path to add more crazy validation jobs.

The new host show up as 'lanthanum' and is a production machine as
powerful as the current slave 'gallium'.

I did most of the migration yesterday, directly in production which
caused a few culprit during the European afternoon.  Sorry. It was worth
the interruption, we now have more power.

Next steps would be:
 - have the browser tests to run on a Gerrit change
 - generating documentation on each patchset to assist people editing
our inline docs.
 - automatic Debian packages (thanks to Azathoth)
 - allowing multiple runs of a job in parallel

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso