[QA] Welcome, Rummana Yasmeen

Rob Lanphier robla at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 29 22:04:39 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce Rummana Yasmeen, a new Software Test Engineer in
our QA team through April in our San Francisco office.  Rummana is
going to be working with our Visual Editor team primarily on manual
testing, finding bugs so you don't have to.  Depending on how things
go in the next few months, she may venture out into other areas (e.g.
automation).

Rummana earned a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, from North
South University in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and recently earned a Graduate
Certificate in IT management from Golden Gate University.

You'll find her on our IRC channels as "rummana", and her email is
ryasmeen at wikimedia.org.

Welcome, Rummana!

Rob

p.s. important pronunciation guide, since things are about to get
confusing for many of us who work with her in-person/on phone, etc.
Rummana pronounces her name with the accent on the second syllable
("ru-MAH-nuh"), as opposed to Sumana who pronounces her name with the
accent on the first ("SU-mah-nuh")