[QA] Pair programming Friday for fun and profit

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 24 16:03:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Rachel Thomas <rachelqa99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A related question:  What are the steps to reproduce the tests at Sauce
> Labs?  It doesn't seem to work for me.  To start with, I am logged into
> Sauce Labs with my own account (rachelqa99).  From Cloudbees, I click on
> the link for the failed test [1] to take me to Sauce Labs.  Then click
> Resources, All platforms, and put in platform and browser I want to use.
> Then click Manual test.  From there I put in the URL of the saucelabs
> failed job.[2]  This doesnt execute the test, but shows me the SauceLabs
> login screen.
> Can you give me the correct steps to run these tests off of SauceLabs?

Hi Rachel,

apologies for the late reply, I was really busy this week.

If you want to run the test manually (clicking with the mouse) at Sauce
Labs, just log in there (they have free and open source accounts), click
"new interactive session", pick a OS/browser/version/resolution combination
and test. Warning: it is really slow.

If you want to run a Selenium test so the browser opens at Sauce Labs
(instead of opening at your machine), just set these environment variables
in your command prompt/terminal:

Linux/Unix/Mac
export SAUCE_ONDEMAND_USERNAME=(username)
export SAUCE_ONDEMAND_ACCESS_KEY=(key)

Windows
set SAUCE_ONDEMAND_USERNAME=(username)
set SAUCE_ONDEMAND_ACCESS_KEY=(key)

Replace "(username)" and "(key)" with your Sauce Labs username and key. You
can get the key at https://saucelabs.com/account at the bottom-left part of
the screen.

If you want to run "Go to Log in page" scenario[1] for example, just run it
with this:

bundle exec cucumber features/login.feature:18

Let me know if you have any questions.

Željko
--
1: