[QA] font_selection.feature file

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 21 11:20:37 UTC 2013

Niklas and I have been pairing on this today, but we did not find the cause
of the problem.

If you run font_selection.feature file[1], all scenarios pass
if KEEP_BROWSER_OPEN is set to true:

$ export KEEP_BROWSER_OPEN=true
$ bundle exec cucumber features/font_selection.feature
Using the default profile...

4 scenarios (4 passed)
29 steps (29 passed)
3m44.560s

If the environment variable is not set to true, all tests fail:

$ export KEEP_BROWSER_OPEN=nein
$ bundle exec cucumber features/font_selection.feature
Using the default profile...
.........F........F........F.......F

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features/font_selection.feature:17 # Scenario: Font selector
appears
cucumber features/font_selection.feature:22 # Scenario: Discarding live
preview of content font
cucumber features/font_selection.feature:30 # Scenario: Discarding live
preview of interface font
cucumber features/font_selection.feature:38 # Scenario: Applying the live
preview of interface font

4 scenarios (4 failed)
29 steps (29 passed)
3m13.416s

If a scenario is executed with more verbose output:

$ bundle exec cucumber --verbose --format pretty
features/font_selection.feature:17
(...)
(...)/UniversalLanguageSelector/tests/browser/features/support/hooks.rb:19:in
`After'

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features/font_selection.feature:17 # Scenario: Font selector
appears

1 scenario (1 failed)
6 steps (6 passed)
1m3.306s

It fails at hooks.rb, line 19[2], but that makes no sense, since the page
opens just fine, and everything works fine if the browser stays open.

I will further investigate the problem this week, but help is appreciated.

Željko
--
1:
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-UniversalLanguageSelector/blob/master/tests/browser/features/font_selection.feature