[QA] deprecation warnings from page_object

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 1 10:04:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> It would be even more useful to have some way to find how to replace them
> with non-deprecated methods, though :)

As far as I understand it, page-object gem implements only a subset of
selenium-webdriver and watir-webdriver API. Page-object allows you to
access underlying webdriver API, but it complains (because that
functionality could be removed soon). From my experience, if you can prove
that the part of the webdriver API is used commonly, page-object developer
will add support for it.

In the meantime, there is a workaround if you need to use webdriver API but
do not want to see page-object deprecation warnings.

So, in the above example, change

(FooPage).content_element.select_text "This is a new line"

(FooPage).content_element.element.select_text "This is a new line"

Thanks to Plavi for letting me know about the trick[1].

Željko
--
1:
https://github.com/wikimedia/qa-browsertests/commit/dfef4501c20c7a0f203d6393d9784ae24547de01