[QA] A question about attending the Browser Test Automation Workshop

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 17 19:56:06 UTC 2013

Hi Vernon,

On 06/17/2013 09:22 AM, vernon at virtesting.com wrote:
> are you planning on having folks be able to attend remotely?

Sure! If you are awake... (we will organize other workshops at more
EuroAsian-friendly times).

We will be streaming it over YouTube and I will be paying attention to
the IRC channel for questions / comments. Besides, the session will be
recorded. We might be using etherads and wiki pages. Not perfect but I
believe as good as cheap tech gets you nowadays.

> And as a general question, what is it you would like someone like me to
> contribute? The emails so far have had a code-y flavour to them (which
> is cool btw, just an observation NOT a criticism!) and my coding
> "skills" are worse than terrible. Any hopes/ideas where someone like me
> might be able to lend a hand?

Being a fluent English speaker you have a lot of what it takes - see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/How_to_contribute

The first part of the workshop is an introduction for everybody. Then we
will ask people to pair in couples with different levels of expertise.
So you will go with someone with better dev skills, remote or in SF.

It's ok if during the more advanced part of the workshop you stay
watching "over the shoulder" most of the time. This is the best way of
learning!

PS: and I'm in the same situation than you - no worries.  :)

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation